Morning Selfie





   "People would see your not-so-white teeth and laugh at you," she said to the person right in front of her.
    The person only shrugged.
    "One incisor is shorter than the other. I can't even say 'cheese' in pictures," she continued. Again, she got no response.
     "Do people even know I lost one of my front teeth at nineteen?" She asked.
      It seemed she was soliloquizing because there was no response.
      She picked up her phone, probably to take pictures.
      "My phone's old already. Its keyboard seizes, its camera is blur, the screen is a mess."
       "Shush. Could you just take a selfie? Blur pictures are beautiful too. You are beautiful as well," the other person said.

       "Click click click!"
       And that was it! My morning mirror selfie!

       Guess who the other person is?
       Myself in the mirror, speaking with lips unmoved.
       
   

0 Comments

Enter your keyword