The Thrill Of It All








Àgbònyín Òrékeléwà,
When I swam against the current of your swaying hips
Rivers in Ìlú Àjàsé sank themselves into a confluence
And who cares about the catastrophic tides in Onírù?
When the bolt of your whines alone can amalgamate a thousand rivers
into a single-drop.

Omo Aláàfin Abíódún,
If Gáà comes to rid you of a lifetime
Tell him I'm the offsprings of Olúkòso merged into one.
And if Parí Olódó comes with an unfit Aso òkè
For your sake, I will beat him hard like a morsel
And stuff him deep into the throat of a famished grave in ìkòyí
For your kind detest unprecedented filth.

Olólùfé,
They say gods have once walked the length of your breasts
So let me consummate my love-print on your heaven's gate.
I want to explore the culture of your ìbàdí
So let me go deep inside you like I'm trying to find a missing rib
Till I dig you enough to bury me.

Olómoge,
I want to hear the deafening sounds of your kiss
As it crashes down around me.
I want to walk through your busy streets and feel the thrill of things remaining unsaid
I want the shrill of your unstirred voice while I take a bow and bend.
I want the THRILL OF IT ALL.

©George O. Victor
Dec. 2018

0 Comments

Enter your keyword