Diary of a Strong Woman


Diary Of A Strong Woman

Life is a daily tutorial,
I have stood firm through storm and I'm still standing.
I have fought through the hardest time in my life,
Only to shine like the strong woman before you.
I have rolled down hills,
Only to find myself standing back up,
Dust myself and keep it pushing.
I have seen things unimaginable and I still see good in people,
I have cried million times and felt life doesn't worth it,
Only to get up next day and see the tears dried off.
Life gave me so many reasons to give up, but I remain strong.
I am imperfect but never fake,
I am an extraordinary woman, who is once in a lifetime.
I am strong and independent,
Ready to strike down with my very last breath,
I don't give in because I see better things ahead.
Don't undermine me,
I am not a baby,
I am strong beyond belief,
I am strong because I'm connected to my inner being.
I walk with my head held high and a big smile,
Because I am a conqueror.
I have a voice, mind and soul,
None of which you can control.
I am the real deal,
I am more than what you see,
I am more than my face,
I don't need a prince charming to save me,
And I won't be defined by my shoe size.
I don't need the media to tell me how to look,
I will never be a Barbie.
I bleed for five days and four nights and only get so much cramps,
I can endure the pain of my body being ripped.
I am more than my body and stature,
I am a temple that deserves a lot of respect,
I am not a tool for pleasure.
I am a woman that holds the world in her hands and still do not feel I belong,
I may only be superwoman to myself but I am who I am.
It doesn't matter what you think of me,
But what I think of myself.
I have lost the best of me,
But still push on like it never happened,
It has effect on me like no other,
But I am fully aware of what I need to do to live on.
I'm not giving up.

©Premol_a

Poet's Bio
Name: Aina Adedamola Precious
Facebook: Adedamola Precious
Phone number: 09068121353
Email: dedamolaprecious@gmail.com

2 Comments

  1. Amazing piece my girl. This sends so much message to me. I love it❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful piece. "I have a voice, mind and soul none of which you can control." I really love it.

    ReplyDelete

Enter your keyword