The Eighth Wonder



   As known, there are seven wonders of the world but I have discovered the eighth; it is the rotation of a woman's waist. He who says the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, he has probably not seen the waist of a woman dancing with enthusiasm.
     This reminds me of Amaka, my first love; peaceful, gentle and calm like a dove but when it comes to the swaying of her waist, all of her stays awake!
    Once, I've watched Amaka dance at the village square. At the sight of her round and firm buttocks, supported at the sides by her hips with her waist sitting atop, my heart became soft like wool. Unconsciously, I began to drool. As I watched with keen interest, my Adam's apple bobbed at intervals.
    Before the dance was over, an ocean of satisfaction had been emptied upon my thirsty soul but my hungry eyes yearned to be fed the more.
   As fate would have it, we had a night to ourselves in my hut. I became eager as she untied her short wrapper. I was expecting to see an invisible spring fixed into her waistline. I saw none. Out of curiosity, I had the urge to question her.
  "Omalicha, eh, what is ya ('your' in Igbo accent) secret?"
   She laughed throatily. "Amadi, you can't understand."
   Truly, I didn't understand and I'm yet to understand. There's a mystery behind the rotation of a woman's waist. One day, I hope I'd be able to unravel it and tell it to the world.

1 Comments

Enter your keyword